When we posted our first banjo workshops back in 1997 people were dumbfounded. Teaching for free?
We quickly began helping people drag banjos and guitars out of closets. Our large following led to new opportunities.
In 2003 I accidentally wrote The How and the Tao of Old Time Banjo. That was wild. I was a writer. Dear Old Dad was a pretty good editor. We opened our own publishing company: Pik-Ware Publishing.
We still sell our books here at frailingbanjo.com/books but we also continue to make our work freely available so that the joy of homemade music remains accessible to everyone.
- The How and the Tao of Old Time Banjo
- A Book of Five Strings
- The Outlaws and Scalawags Songbook
- Mechanics of Frailing Banjo
- Songs For Sunday
- This is Not a Banjo
- Crisfield Banjo Retreat Songbook
- Four Seasons on Brick Kiln Road