Tuned CGDA, the tenor banjo and the tenor guitar are played in the same manner, but offer unique tones. In addition to sharing the basic skills required to play either instrument, Dear Old Dad shows some favorite instruments from his collection so that you can see and hear how chords sound on different vintage banjos and guitars.
With his friendly and easygoing teaching methods and a lifetime of playing and teaching experience, Pat Costello makes getting started on the tenor banjo easy and fun.
- Lesson One: Introduction and a look at various tenor banjos & tenor guitars.
- Lesson Two: Tuning, holding a pick, time signatures and more.
- Lesson Three: Basic chord forms.
- Lesson Four: Playing and singing, Skip To My Lou and Wreck of the Old 97.
- Lesson Five: 3/4 time, Who’s Gonna Shoe Your Pretty Little Foot.
Free Shipping for book and DVD orders in the USA!
Click here for foreign shipping rates.