Here is a list of the workshops currently scheduled for The Maryland Folk Musicians Retreat.
Feel free to suggest a topic or volunteer to share something.
Times will be posted at the retreat.
- Banjo and harp
- Frailing the blues and slide
- Frailing bluegrass
- Banjo meditation
- Playing and singing
- Photography walk with Patrick
Dear Old Dad:
- One on one sessions with folks who need a bit of help
- Hammered dulcimer workshop/demonstration
- Native American basket weaving ($10.00 for materials)
- Lap dulcimer
- Songwriting and singing
- Guitar tricks
- The host of Saturday Open Mic
- Early (minstrel) Banjo
- Mountain Dulcimer
- Banjo set up and building tips
- The host of the Banjo Building Round Table Discussion
Joe and Rosa Hopkins:
- Gospel singing
- General joy!
- Jumping into a jam sessionThe host of
- Friday Evening Hootenanny
- Lots of folk music stuff
Guy and Karen Stinson:
- Country oldies on guitar and banjo