Last night I stumbled upon a show called Joe Pera Talks With You and became an instant fan. The show is a take on those awful and pretentious Postcards From Nebraska they used to do on CBS Sunday Morning – and maybe a touch of Garrison Keillor. . . or maybe this is what would have happened if Garrison Keillor had any talent.
- Discovering a song on the radio.
- Calling the station and begging to play the song again.
- Bothering other stations trying to hear the song again.
- Listening to the song over and over again.
- Inviting the pizza guy in to listen to the song.
- Leading the congregation in the song even if it isn’t appropriate.
- And on and on and on and on. . .
Season two of Joe Pera Talks With You was announced yesterday. I can’t wait.