The Wednesday Night Banjo and Donut Marching Society is a free gathering on Zoom to celebrate the joy of making music. Musicians of all levels and genres are welcome.
The Wednesday Night Banjo and Donut Marching Society meets on Zoom. To join, just use this link on the night of the meeting:
Time: Apr 29, 2020 07:00 PM Eastern Time (USA)
Meeting ID: 839 2309 1726
The Zoom videoconferencing app should install on most computers. I am working on a computer running Ubuntu Linux and Zoom installs and works fine.
Now, this is our first time doing anything like this. Stuff is going to go wrong, things will go surprisingly right and we all will have a chance to have some fun. Roll with the punches and learn with us.
- Patrick is not tech support!
- Be in tune before you log in!
- Be nice. We are streaming video feeds into the homes of other musicians, so mind your manners. If Patrick can make it through a meeting without swearing or saying something rude, so can you.
- Respect your fellow musicians by being yourself. Do not misrepresent playing ability or experience.
- Go by your first name and where you are e.g. Patrick in Crisfield, MD. No handles.
- All Songs are welcome but be aware of content. We all know where the line is. Do not cross it!
- If you call a song you sing it. Use raised foot to end the song, or just say “raising my foot!”
- Stick to one tuning (your choice) through the session. Switching around distracts and wastes time.
- Please respect our member’s privacy both on and offline.
- Be courteous. Do not talk over each other.