Explore real old time banjo with a master of the craft!
The How and the Tao of Old Time Banjo by Patrick Costello introduced you to the joy of playing the five string banjo. His amazing follow up book shows you how to take your playing to the next level.
A Book Of Five Strings by Patrick Costello is the ultimate manual for anyone who wants to:
- Gain better control of right and left-hand techniques
- Develop an understanding of music theory
- Play bluegrass and blues using old time banjo techniques
- Frail in 3/4, 6/8 and other time signatures
- Play in any key without retuning
- Find any note, chord or scale on the fretboard
- Master double-thumb and drop-thumb techniques
- Arrange songs for old time banjo
A Book Of Five Strings is your personal guide to mastering the techniques that are the core skill set of old time banjo. Music theory, improvisation, rhythm, scales, and other topics are covered along with left and right-hand exercises. Your coordination, timing and overall control of the fretboard will improve dramatically. There are even tips on how to use your old time banjo skills in bluegrass and blues settings.
A book Of five Strings is filled with important practice tips and challenging exercises. Patrick mixes the technical skills needed to play the banjo with insight and encouragement that will challenge you to free up your creativity. This is the book you have been waiting for if you want to play any song, anywhere with anyone.
A Book Of Five Strings is a must-have for all teachers, students, and lovers of old time banjo.
A Book of Five Strings – Out Of Stock